Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day 3

Upon landing in Kathmandu, we discovered that my son had a very serious leg condition that could only be treated by a nearby doctor in Pakistan. We were loaned a Volkswagon, and a person who knew the area drove us to the doctor in Pakistan. It was a long ride, and all of the bumps in the road made my son's leg hurt more. My wife and other two kids began to feel his pain. Eventually we reached the doctor, who was a very old man. He told my son to drink some potion, and magically, all of the bruising on my son's legs went away, and his leg felt better. The man was also nice enough to tell me that where we were was called a transform boundary, which occurs when two plates slide in opposite directions against each other. In our case, we were on the border of the Arabian and Indo-Australian plates, at 29 degrees north and 69 degrees east. These areas are prone to earthquakes. The San Andreas Fault is an example of this, which is why San Fransisco and Los Angeles have so many earthquakes.I hope that we eventually make it to Paris.



No comments:

Post a Comment